THRUST WINDSURF FOIL COMPLETE
All-around Freeride Foil
Mast Size: 70 cm |Aspect Ratio: 3.46 | Wingspan: 65 cm | Projected Surface Area: 1220 cm2
While forgiving for those just getting started, the Thrust Windsurf foil setup also offers boundless potential for those looking to advance their skills. 50% lighter than its 2018 counterpart, the 2019 delta shaped front wing creates lift at very low speeds and maintains stability through both for-and-aft as well as side-to-side movements. Compared to high aspect wing shapes, this delta is incredibly user-friendly and delivers earlier lift. Whether it’s blowing under 10 knots or if the wind is hitting the high 20s, this wing is ready for the ride. Conversely, in the same conditions, riders on high aspect wings are forced to switch to a smaller wing set, since their lightwind wing sets would no longer be controllable.
Easy jibing and other maneuvers are another advantage of the Thrust WS setup. The delta front wing works in tandem with the vertical stabilizer of the back wing to deliver easy control when turning. The front wing provides lift at low speeds making it much easier to cruise through a jibe without coming off the foil. While high aspect foils require the board to plane first, the Thrust WS setup engages the foil, lifting you up even when the board has not reached full planing.
The Thrust Windsurf foil setup offers the earliest foiling in the lightest winds, maximum control at any wind speed—in comparison to high aspect foils—and accessible maneuverability in jibes and tacks. Its unique design, not only welcomes new riders to the sport, it supports you through the journey as you advance your skill level.
Board Mount Options:
1) Standard Plate: 4 bolt plate
2) Abracadabra Plate: The new Abracadabra QuickPlate connection makes it quick and effortless to detach and store your board and foil separately. One screw is all it takes to quickly and easily disconnect the entire foil system from your board, while the bottom of the plate can remain in place. Just a few turns of a #3 Phillips head screwdriver yields a secure and tight connection between foil and board. The Abracadabra QuickPlate is available in the complete set or as an aftermarket item for any current or previous Naish aluminum masts.
3) Deep Tuttle: This setup option comes equipped with the Deep Tuttle Mount for quick and convenient connection to boards with a deep Tuttle box.
View the Assembly Instructions HERE
NOTE: The Hover Kite 130, 155, and 160 foilboards have a shallower track system and therefore require the shorter screws as supplied with the board. These boards CANNOT be used with the longer screws that come with the Naish Thrust foil.
When pairing all other Naish Hover Foilboards with your Naish Foil, use the screws supplied with the foil.
Reference which screws to use HERE
- 50% Lighter Wings
- Back Wing
- Monocoque Ultra Robust Back Wing Construction
- Heavy-duty Fuselage
- Standard Plate Connection
/Abracadabra Plate/Deep Tuttle
- Stealth Stripes
- Aircraft Grade High Precision CNC Cut Fuselage
- Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum Mast
(All aluminum masts will receive a custom wet-sanded Speed Finish)
- Carbon/Glass PrePreg & Hi Mod Foam Core Front Wing Construction
- Carbon/Glass PrePreg & Hi Mod Foam Core Monocoque Back Wing Construction
- 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Hardware
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES
- Front Wing WS 1
- Back Wing WS 2
- 70 cm Aluminum Mast
- Fuselage WS
- Foil Assembly Screw Set
- Standard Mount Plate/Abracadabra Mount Plate/Deep Tuttle Mount
- Standard Plate Screw Set
(with Plate Mount options)
- Foil Cover