The MK2 Front Wing provides a racier and more responsive windsurfing experience for the AFS-1 Fuselage. Windsurf Specific Design Constraints for better upwind angles and higher top speeds in comparison to the original AFS-1 front wing. Compatible with AFS-1 Fuselages ONLY.
America’s Cup, Moth, and Open 60... high-performance sailboats are now past the foiling revolution: take-off earlier, go faster.
True to their commitment to innovation and once more ahead of a revolution in windsurfing- the AHD team entered, years ago, a series of tests and trials till they launched their own foiling machine: The AFS-1, in 2012!! This foil has already had quite a few years worth of R+D, testing, and re-design behind it!
The AHD AFS-1 is clearly the only hydrofoil to have been designed and developed, from scratch, for the constraints and specifications in windsurfing. Want to discover unique sensations and fly from just 4 knots wind speeds? That’s what the AFS-1 offers you!
- The foil’s fuselage is voluminous. This provides that little extra, which allows taking-off even earlier and flying longer through lulls.
- The wings are wide, their profiles thick, their twist carefully designed to enhance power, lift, stability and tolerance.
- The winglets regulate the water flow on the wings to maximize power and generate the lift needed for taking off earlier.
- You will now easily visualize the applied forces and stresses to which the foil is submitted.
- Full carbon construction and reinforcements have been compulsory to achieve the lightness/strength mix required to get a 110l board up and flying in 4 to 15 knots of wind with just a 7sqm sail.
This foil has a unique finbox which can be paired up with the SeaLion Wings WindSUP, or the unique AFS-1 Foilboard. Combo prices are available!
- The SeaLion Wings model is a true allarounder which can be paddled, sailed, or foiled in flat water or waves! One board does it all!
- The AFS-1 Foilboard is a true early planer, flat water "slalom" style foilboard which will allow the earliest possible liftoff onto the foil.
- You can also mount the unique finbox (available separately) into your own board of choice if you don't want the specific AHD board models mentioned above.
||AHD Foilbox + Twinfin US Box