SUP Race Fin – Maliko (Downwind & Flatwater racing)
The Maliko SUP race fin is optimized for flat water and downwind racing. It has been winning races and dominating podiums this past season. The fin uses a unique and proprietary SUP foil to generate increase lift while adding stability, improved tracking and efficiency so that every stroke you take is translated into forward motion. To develop this very special SUP race fin we worked closely with our head SUP race fin tester Bart de Zwart. Aptly named after the start of the world renowned downwind course on the Northern coast of Maui the Maliko Gulch which hosts both the Paddle IMUA and Olukai races. In 2014 the Maliko won races across the world with Ryan James and Joanne Hamilton-Vale both claiming the 2014 UK race titles in a range of conditions. This was the fin which Bart de Zwart used to smash the Non-Stop 11 Cities SUP race record which helped to underline the fin’s pure speed and efficiency on flat water. On a downwinder the increased lift generated by the thicker and unique foil will give you the power to catch more swells. During glides this SUP race fin helps you maintain speed and maneuver to connect the rides which helps to dramatically increase average speed. The Maliko design has more area concentrated towards the tip of the fin to help with stability and the laminar flow foil has an extremely low drag to lift ratio to help promote fast runs. The 45 degree leading edge helps to ensure that no sea grass, weed or trash slows you down. The exceptional tracking of this fin helps you keep your board true and allows for more stokes before switching sides. These and other factors mean that you are going faster, with less effort and for longer. There is no point having a great fin which does not stand up to the abuse which a SUP race fin receives, our Black Ed. G10 construction is highly resistant to damage on and off the water and ensures that you enjoy the benefits of your investment for a long time to come. With the increasing number of boards on the market we have made the Maliko available in two different bases to ensure the perfect fit for all.
- 11 Cities SUP race non-stop record holder (Bart de Zwart).
- UK SUP Clubs Race series winner 2014 (Men Ryan James and Women Joanne Hamilton-Vale)
- Ultimate speed with high lift / low drag for flat water, downwind and long distance racing
- Proprietary SUP race foiling promotes outstanding downwind performance with longer, more connected and more controlled glides
- Increased tip area to help improve board stability particularity in rough water and with narrow boards
- Enhanced tracking means more strokes between paddle switches
- 45 degree leading edge rake angle for weed shedding
- Advanced SUP laminar flow foil technology
- CNC manufacturing to ensure that you get the fin we designed
- Produced in extremely high density solid Black Ed. G-10 to ensure ultimate durability and longevity
- Solid G-10 base in two different sizes to fit all SUP race boards on the market
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Fin of choice for: Bart de Zwart, Sonni Hoenscheid, Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale, Chris Freeman and more…