Most small items ship for free when your order totals $100 or more!
Earn Rewards with EVERY purchase!
The Tabou Rocket Plus is a free ride board on steroids! If you like sailing FAST but with ease and control, this is the board for you! The Rocket Plus is a bit shorter, a bit wider, and a bit thinner than the traditional Rocket. It also incorporates a tail shape very similar to a full on slalom board, complete with cutouts. This allows for maximum acceleration and top speed, but the thinner rails make the board much more forgiving in a straight line, and easier to jibe, too! This is a Free Race Board with easy Free Ride handling characteristics!
The Rocket Plus has a huge sweet spot, which makes it comfortable to sail with a large variety of sail sizes and types. Best match up will be with fast freeride sails, but the Rocket Plus is fun to sail with anything from a wave sail all the way up to a multi cam race sail. Further, there are tons of foot strap options, including inboard and forward for folks just learning, and all the way back and out for those looking to max out the performance potential of the board!
And to top it all off, the largest four sizes all come with a Foil Ready Deep Tuttle Fin Box installed, so you can run your foil if you want to! The Rocket Plus is a great choice if you expect to ride the board in regular windsurf mode approximately 70% of the time, and foil the other 30% of the time- ie. this is primarily a windsurf board that balances reasonably well for foiling!
There are two constructions available: Team Edition and LTD. The Team Edition utilizes a full carbon wrap over double PVC sandwich- this high end construction is super light and ultra stiff, providing the ultimate in response and feel. If you want the best you can get, get the Team Edition!
The LTD Version utilizes a fiberglass wrap over double PVC sandwich, still light and stiff but at a price that's nice! The LTD versions weigh about 0.5kg more than the Team edition, so you're gaining about a pound but spending about 12% less... So if you're stressing the dollar amount, go ahead and get the LTD- it offers incredible bang for the buck!
A maximum in speed and performance has never been as accessible as it is now. The Rocket+ brings the best in performance freeriding and convertible windfoiling into one board, which accelerates your windsurfing session. With a front V double concave, which transitions into a V in the tail, the Rocket+ delivers impressive power that unfolds smoothly and without requiring active pumping by the rider. Thin rails in the tail add easy jibing abilities to a powerful and quick board concept, which is now also available in 143 liters for windsurfing performance in very light winds.
FOIL READY FINBOX ON 113 AND BIGGER
LOW ENTRY ROCKER FOR EARLIER PLANING
WIDE OUTLINE IN THE TAIL SECTION FOR EXTRA LEVERAGE
CUT-OUT FOR LESS WETTED SURFACE IN THE TAIL, RESULTING IN GREAT TOP SPEED
INSIDE STRAP POSITION FOR NOVICES AND LESS EXPERIENCED RIDERS
THIN RAILS FOR EFFORTLESS TURNING
FRONT V DOUBLE CONCAVE TO V IN THE TAIL FOR IMPRESSIVE POWER