SUP Race Fin – Tiger Sprint Pro
The Tiger Sprint SUP race fin has been winning races and making podiums across the world since its launch thanks to its proprietary foiling and refined outline. Optimized for fast buoy turns and blistering straights the Tiger was used by Sonni Hoenscheid to dominate and win the 2015 The Euro Tour. The Tiger SUP race fin is now becoming popular among riders on the Stand up World Series as well as national level racing.
During development we worked closely with 4 x UK race champion Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale and legendary SUP racer turned equipment guru Bart de Zwart to produce this unique and incredibly fast SUP race fin. The Tiger SUP race fin takes its name from the Tiger shark which frequents the Hawaiian waters in which we conduct a large percentage of our testing. Known for their bursts of speed and agility the Tiger is one of the deadliest sharks alive. For a fin which is devastatingly quick and turns tightly around the buoys the name Tiger seemed apt. Riders of the Tiger will enjoy faster surges of speed and tighter and quicker technical turns. The fin will get you round the course more efficiently while helping you to leave less overtaking opportunities for your competitors. In surfing conditions the new design will give you increased control and turning so that you can out maneuver the rest of the chasing field with speed and confidence.
The new foil offers surprisingly large amounts of grip when at speed given its 20cm length and small 216cm2 area however when you initiate your buoy turn the fin is designed to change the behavior of the board significantly enabling you to get much tighter transition. The newly designed foil has some special properties which optimize the turning ability at low speeds just when you need it but increasing the grip as the speed increases on the straights so that you can deliver more power through your paddle. Racing is about getting from A to B as quickly as possible with the caveat that in races with lots of turning that becomes A to B to C to D etc. For riders in weedy (or trash filled) locations the 35 degree (from vertical) leading edge efficiently sheds weed to keep you paddling unhindered.
- Winner of SUP Euro Tour 2015.
- Ultimate speed with high lift / low drag for technical and sprint racing.
- Proprietary foiling promotes exceptional grip at higher speeds while promoting maneuverability at low speeds
- 35 degree leading edge rake angle (from vertical)
- Advanced SUP laminar flow foil technology
- CNC manufacturing to ensure that you get the fin we designed
- Produced in extremely high density solid G-10 to ensure ultimate durability and longevity
- Solid G-10 reduced weight Pro base in two different sizes to fit all SUP race boards on the market
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Fin of choice for: Bart De Zwart, Sonni Hoenscheid, Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale, Chris Freeman and more…