ALL NEW! Upper Section Only! The Pro-Flex Mast Base seeks to join the best of both worlds- the ease of use and durability of a mechanical joint, with the slightly softer ride of a tendon. This new setup will prolong the life of the tendon since it won't be bending as much. And it will prolong the life of your teeth since the tendon will absorb some of the chop your board encounters while flying across the water :)
The all new Chinook Sailing 2-Bolt Pro Flex Mast Base US Base Cup Upper Section features all of the advantages of a tendon base with the added features of a mechanical base.
- Same shock absorption as standard Tendon bases for less stress on board, & sailor.
- Uses standard Chinook Tendon for easy serviceability.
- Free moving Mechanical hinge provides ease of attachment for larger or wider Foil boards, Formula, & Long boards etc.
- Small boards less likely to flip over during waterstarts in high wind & wave conditions.
- Mechanical hinge eliminates an estimated 75-80% of fatigue which occurs due to constant bending of the Tendon.
- Compatible with Proven Chinook 2 bolt Quick Release Base Plate
- Also available in Euro-Pin EX versions!