Who says that you need a massive 40cm freeride fin on your board? Why do board companies supply their boards with such long fins? Equipment has changed over the years (a lot!) and fins have increased in size. What this means for the typical windsurfer is that they are somewhat stuck with a big, long fin as standard. This seems rather a backward way of doing things- it makes it harder to beach start, easier to hit submerged objects, and most annoyingly, really easy to cut yourself or damage your sail. Hence, for many people, long fins are sub-optimal at best.
The FreeDELTA RE was the ideal opportunity to think differently. The Hatteras lagoon is extremely shallow and a traditional fin has serious limitations here. Black Project designed a fin which is short- about half the length of a regular fin! The result is an amazing new weed fin which is at home in a massively wide range of conditions, range of boards, range of sail and very different riders.
Thanks to the extremely wide range of use and user friendliness when under or over powered, Black Project made just three sizes to cover most freeride situations.
- Extreme shallow water and weedy locations
- Highly spin-out resistant at all speeds and sailing angles
- Wide wind, sail and board range per fin each fin size
- Easier beach starting in shallow water
- CNC produced in G10 for exceptional stiffness and durability
- Solid G-10 Tuttle & Powerbox bases
- Threaded brass inserts for a premium fit and longevity
- Premium protective foam cover avoid damage while not in use
|SIZE (cm)||BOX||AREA (cm2)||SAIL SIZE (m2)||BOARD SIZE (ltr)|
|19.5||Power / TT||5.0 – 6.5||80 – 105|
|21.0||Power / TT||5.5 – 7.5||100 – 125|
|22.5||Power / TT||6.5 – 8.0||120 – 140|