Freewave Weed Fin – The FreeWEED windsurfing fin combines the maneuverability of a wave fin with the power of a freeride fin. It is a blend that is ideal for bigger wave boards, on-shore conditions and bigger riders who need more power. This fin excels in bump-and-jump where it accelerates to send you skyward off the smallest of chop. We designed the FreeWEED to go where normal fins cannot! The 45 degree progressive rake design sheds even the heaviest of weeds with ease. Due to its shallow depth, the FreeWEED will also be popular for riders in shallow water.
Available in sizes from XS (22) through to XXL(32), each size corresponds to our Freewave range, so if you use a Freewave 28 in normal conditions then choose a L (28) when using the FreeWEED. During testing it was very hard to notice the difference between riding the Freewave or the FreeWEED which is just what we wanted! The FreeWEED performs the same as its upright counterpart.
Safety is always paramount- weed fins thanks to their shape can typically provide ample opportunity for cuts and wetsuit damage from the tip when compared with regular fins. To solve this issue we slightly increased the thickness of the trailing edge and worked with the angles to minimize issues.
If you are looking for a fast and maneuverable fin capable of shedding weeds and operating in shallow water then you could have found you answer in the FreeWEED.
- Extremely weed resistant with 45 degree rake from vertical
- Maximum performance: All points of sail, high maneuverability with excellent drive
- Extremely spin-out resistant at low and high speeds
- Increased trailing edge thickness to increase safely
- Increased pin cutout to make adjustment easier while protecting the fin and board
- Available in Powerbox or US Base
- Solid G-10 base for maximum strength
- Threaded brass insert on Powerbox
- US based fins come with high quality brass fin plate and screw
- High quality protective foam cover
||4.0 - 5.0
||70 - 85
||4.5 - 5.5
||80 - 90
||5.0 - 6.0
||85 - 100
||5.5 - 6.5
||90 - 110
||6.0 - 7.0
||100 - 115
||6.5 - 7.5
||105 - 125